The FLIR AX8 camera/sensor provides an affordable and accurate temperature measurement solution for anyone who needs to solve problems that need built in “smartness” such as analysis, alarm functionality, and autonomous communication using standard protocols. The FLIR AX8 also has all the necessary features and functions to build distributed single- or multi-camera solutions utilizing standard Ethernet hardware and software protocols.
The FLIR AX8 also has built-in support to connect to industrial control equipment such as PLCs, and allows the sharing of analysis and alarm results and simple control using the Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP field bus protocols.
- Support for the EthernetIP field bus protocol (analyze, alarm, and simple camera control).
- Support for the Modbus TCP field bus protocol (analyze, alarm, and simple camera control).
- Built-in analysis functionality.
- Alarm functionality, as a function of analysis and more.
- Built-in web server for control and set up.
- MJPEG, MPEG-4, or H.264 image streaming.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet).
- General-purpose output.
- 100 Mbps Ethernet (100 m cable).
- On alarm: file sending (FTP) or e-mail (SMTP) of analysis results or images.
- Electrical and mechanical condition-monitoring applications where temperature or temperature trends can be an indication of a potential risk of failure.
- Simple process control applications
|Imaging and optical data|
|IR resolution||80 × 60 pixels|
|Thermal sensitivity/NETD||< 0.10°C @ +30°C (+86°F) / 100 mK|
|Field of view (FOV)||48° × 37°|
|Depth of field||0.1 m (0.33 ft.), infinity|
|Focal length||1.54 mm (0.061 in.)|
|Spatial resolution (IFOV)||11.1 mrad|
|Image frequency||9 Hz|
|Detector type||Focal plane array (FPA), uncooled microbolometer|
|Spectral range||7.5–13 µm|
|Detector pitch||17 µm|
|Detector time constant||Typical 12 ms|
|Built-in digital camera||640 × 480|
|Digital camera, FOV||Adapts to the IR lens|
|Sensitivity||Minimum 10 lux without illuminator|
|Object temperature range||–10 to +150°C (14 to +302°F)|
|Accuracy||±2°C (±3.6°F) or ±2% of reading (+10 to +100°C @ +10 to +35°C ambient)|
|Area||6 boxes with max./min./average|
|Automatic hot/cold detection||Max./min. temperature value and position shown within box|
|Atmospheric transmission correction||Automatic, based on inputs for distance, atmospheric temperature and relative humidity|
|Optics transmission correction||Automatic, based on signals from internal sensors|
|Emissivity correction||Variable from 0.01 to 1.0|
|Reflected apparent temperature correction||Automatic, based on input of reflected temperature|
|External optics/windows correction||Automatic, based on input of optics/window transmission and temperature|
|Measurement corrections||Global object parameters|